Joplin, Missouri (Midwest)
Event Dates: 9/20/19 – 9/21/19
Application Deadline: 5/17/19 Midnight CST
Apply on Zapplication
The 5th annual Joplin Arts Fest is Southwest Missouri’s premier fall fine arts festival. This juried event showcases exceptional talented 2D and 3D artists exhibiting their original artwork. The festival will once again be held in Joplin’s beautiful Mercy Park. This park is located at the corner of 26thand McClelland Blvd (physical address is 3002 St. Johns Blvd). The art festival will be held on Friday evening, September 20, 2019 from 6PM to 10PM and Saturday, September 21, 2019 from 9AM to 4PM. This year’s patrons’ program will include a patron-artist reception from 5PM to 6PM on Friday evening.
Booth spaces of 12’ x 12’, are $100 which includes electricity and the cost of a Joplin City business licenses. Artists are required to provide their own tent (white tents are strongly encouraged) for the festival. Overnight security will be provided for Friday night through Saturday morning. However, each artist must be able to enclose his/her tent during this overnight period.
The Joplin Kiwanis Club in conjunction with the Joplin Regional Artists Coalition (JRAC), Connect2Culture (C2C) and Spiva Center for the Arts are once again be hosting the festival. Team Dental of Joplin will be this year’s Event Sponsor. All funds raised by this festival will be used by the Kiwanis Club of Joplin to support a variety of youth related programs in the Joplin area.
ALL ARTISTS: PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDING. Email or call with questions.
IMPORTANT: All work exhibited must be created by the applying artist in his or her own studio. There are very limited exceptions.
Commercially-produced items bearing your art will be permitted as long as it does not take up more than 10% of the artist’s booth space. Examples include coasters, cutting boards, mouse pads, drinking glasses or mugs, books, etc. If you have questions, please call the co-chair for clarification. Lab-produced note cards are permitted in limited amounts if the images reflect the photography, painting, drawing, etc., that was juried. One card stand is permitted within the confines of the booth and must be shown in the booth image. Joplin Arts Fest reserves the right to consult with the artist on fixtures in the booth before invitation acceptance. A limited number of lab-produced reproductions of original art are permitted. Work submitted for jury must be completed within the last 3 years.
- This is a juried show of fine arts—see media categories listed below.
- The jury will select those artists whose work demonstrates originality and quality.
- All work must be created by the displaying artist.
- Giclees/prints of original work may be exhibited in your booth, marked clearly as reproductions. These items may not include more than 25% of the work on display in the booth. Prints placed on cutting boards, tiles, cups, etc. are limited to not more than10% of the booth space T-shirts, or other such clothing items are not allowed. If you have questions please contact the festival co-chair.
- No-resale, market or commercially made items will be allowed. If any items are not original work, do not match the quality and/or description of the juried item(s) or any additional items not previously juried, festival staff will request removal of those items and/or the exhibitor may be asked to leave the festival. This decision will be at the discretion of the festival chairs. No fee will be returned.
- Any items that are not works of art for sale or part of your booth display must be hidden from attendees’ view. We are looking for a very clean, organized, gallery-type booth display. In some cases, the back and/or side of your tent may be visible; please plan to keep this area uncluttered and clean.
- All artist spaces must be set up and ready for sales 30 minutes prior to the opening of each day of the show.
- All displays must be within the booth. If you believe your display cannot fit within the booth, please contact the co-chair.
- All artist spaces must remain open until 10:00 PM on Friday evening and 4PM on Saturday with take down starting only after 4:00 PM on Saturday afternoon.
- This is a family-friendly show; no works of an explicit nature, please.
- In addition to the fine arts booths, there will be a stage for performing arts activities. These performances will take place during the festival as a means to complement the event.
Bringing artistry & talent to the Historic Carthage Square
April 13 from 10 am to 5 pm
We need visual artists, performers, storytellers, sculptures, and more. Registration is simple:
- Registration fees – starting at $25 for space
- Create your space! Here suggestions to make your day successful.
Excited? Need more information? Visit the website